Do you ever feel like time is pointless? You wake up, go about your day and the next thing you know.. it's gone. You're asleep again and you wake up tomorrow.. and you go on and you do the same thing. The days may vary with things you do, but time waits for noone and nothing. It keeps tucking right along, no time to slow down or stop, you gotta go before you're left behind. The days pass by too fast for me.. Enjoying life. That is what we're told to do. "CARPE DIEM!" they all exclaim, but little do they know, as they trot back to their homes and lonley corners, they have not heeded their own advice. Nobody lives for the day, for they must plan for tommorow. That is an essential part of life. We can try to "live for the day," that is as much as we can do, try. A smile a day is all the gratuidy I need from the universe.
As Stephen Vincent Benét says, "Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways. "

2 comments:
I LOVE this blog. It is very sad though because it is very true. Life before college seemed to go by very fast, but when I got to college, days never end. It seems like the days go on forever and there is never enough time in the day to get everything done. You are such an awesome writer and I really love reading everything you write!!
Curtis i couldn't agree with you more on this post! It is so tru that we are always planning for tomorrow and the future and the sad part about it is that we don't live in the moment. I know that i rarely am able to do this! Being in colege i feel like my time has become somewhat repetitive as far as what i do day to day, classes from the same time, come back do some homework, eat, nap, ect and so it continues. Your final quote is also great:" life is lost minute by minute" I couldn't have put it better myself if i tried. I always enjoy reading what you post, you always shine a different light on topics and i like seeing your side of an argument or issue!
Post a Comment