Tuesday, October 21, 2008

New in Town? Let's Go See the Cites!!

I've been looking all around and I've found a couple of pretty interesting sources for my topic. For book references, my Ethnic Studies textbook has a lot of interesting articles on the American culture and the assimilation of minoirty groups. I've also found

http://www.psych.umn.edu/courses/spring05/yoob/psy3301/reading%20packet/ethnic%20identity%20in%20adolescents%20and%20adults%20review%20of%20research.pdf
-A review of research on the subject of cultural loss or mistaken ethnic identity in children and adults.

http://www.asian-nation.org/assimilation.shtml
-A site dedicated to Asian youth and their culture, or lack thereof. I find it interesting that it explores the fact that this issue goes deeper than just the Asian community, that it affects us all.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/09/070924104616.htm
-An Article that explains a 3 year study about how children of first generation immigrants are more aware and involved in their culture and how that leads to more of a willingness to interact with other races. If race is understood, it is no longer feared so the difference is race is resolved.

http://www.nyu.edu/gsas/dept/politics/faculty/chandra/ars2005.pdf
-A viewpoint of ethnic identity in a political sense; it looks at its relations to society;s woes as well as prospers.

Carpe Diem, Live for the Day. Tell one person exactly what you think of them. It's fun, liberating, and honest. try it.

No comments: